Massage is more than a technique to relax the body. Massage Therapy has shown to have innumerable and indubitable benefits. There is a reason why we instinctually begin to massage muscles in hard or tough situations. It is the natural answer of the body to a rough circumstance. In this brief piece, we look at some of the invaluable advantages of massage therapy.
• Research has proven that regular massages can alleviate headaches. Pain that arises from tension can be eliminated entirely using a massage. Even people who suffer from migraines have benefited from the therapy.
• Joint pain is a common ailment. Innumerable people suffer from it ranging from pregnant women to elders to patients of fibromyalgia. By regularly massaging the joints the body can be relieved of pain. The effects are so drastic that medical care providers are now recommending patients to see a licensed massage therapist.
• Back pain is another issue that has become very common in people these days and it is one of the hardest to live with. Massage therapy has been proven to be more effective in reducing back pain than acupuncture and chiropractic care. Patients who get massages have shown more than a 35% reduction on the dependence of painkillers.
• Anxiety is said to affect more than forty million Americans. From a minute form of it to crippling anxiety, it ranges a full breadth. It is so widespread that one-third of all mental health expenses in the country are due to it. Massage can drastically reduce anxiety because it decreases the stress hormones in the body to almost fifty percent. Even the symptoms of anxiety can be cured through massage therapy.
• When the adult population of the US has considered it the becomes apparent that more than eighty-five percent of them have a desk job. It means that the majority of these people perform the same tasks day in and day out. These repetitive chores lead to injuries and pain in:
A simple massage can help reduce the pain in these areas. Using neuromuscular massage therapy, the root cause of these pains can be addressed to offer a satisfactory and optimal result.
• For athletes, dancers and gymnasts being flexible is crucial. The good news is sports massage can be used to eliminate the stiffness in body that occurs after strenuous exercise or game. It also promotes and increases the flexibility of the body which can be highly beneficial to them.
• All the advantages that have been explained above relate to a problem or an issue of the body. Massages can also be used to relax and soothe the body naturally. Something like a hot stone massage or Swedish therapy can feel incredible after a long day’s work. The right amount of pressure with heat can relieve the achy muscles. So when you have had a tense week at the office or a particularly hectic time at home, pick any massage style for some R&R.
Know More About : Which Type Of Massage Therapy Is Right For You?
Leave a Reply